- Company Information
Thank you for visiting the application site. We appreciate that you have taken the time to apply and are looking forward to learning more about you. Our hiring process is designed to ensure fairness and consistency. The application process will take about 30 minutes. You will need to complete this application without interruption, so please plan accordingly before beginning your application. You will be asked to provide a complete work history with dates of employment. You will also be asked to provide job related references, so please have this information with you prior to beginning your application.
HOURLY POSITIONSTo begin the hourly position application process click here.
SALARY POSITIONSTo begin the salary position application process click here.
Vallourec - world leader in premium tubular solutions
Vallourec is a world leading manufacturer of seamless steel tubes and tubular products specializing in the most complex and highly demanding applications primarily in the energy sector as well as other markets. With over 20,000 employees and integrated manufacturing facilities and advanced R&D in more than 20 countries, across four continents, Vallourec offers customers innovative global solutions to meet the growing energy challenges of the 21st century.
Integrated provider of tubular solutions in North America
Vallourec companies in North America include Vallourec STAR, Vallourec Tube Alloy, Vallourec Drilling, VAM USA, VAM Canada, and VAM Mexico.
Our companies have a reputation for quality products, exceptional service and constant innovation. To succeed in meeting the energy challenges of the 21st century, we invest in our employees. We offer a variety of career paths in an innovative, dynamic environment. Personal motivation and investment combine with numerous and individualized career opportunities in North America and overseas. With us, every employee has an impact and can make a difference.
Our companies have manufacturing, service and sales locations across North America:
- Vallourec STAR: Integrated steel and pipe-making, heat treatment and threading of Oil Country Tubular Goods Locations: Youngstown, Ohio; Houston, Texas; Muskogee, Oklahoma
- Vallourec Tube Alloy: Specialized tubular products, accessories and services for the oil and gas Locations: Houston, Texas; Houma & Broussard, Louisiana; Casper, Wyoming
- Vallourec Drilling: Drill pipe, collars, MWD housings, safety valves and accessories for all drilling applications Location: Houston, Texas
- VAM USA / VAM Canada / VAM Mexico: Premium connection solutions for the most demanding oil and gas environments Locations: Houston Texas; Alberta & Newfoundland, Canada; Veracruz, Mexico
Please take a moment to review these Frequently Asked Questions. If you're unable to find your answer here, or if you've followed the recommended steps and are still having trouble, please email the Help Desk for further assistance. When contacting the Help Desk, please include the following information in your message for the most efficient service possible:
- Your full name and email address
- The name of the organization you're apply to/taking an assessment for
- The url you are trying to access
- The assessment invitation you received
- The ID you're using
- A detailed description of the issue and screenshots if possible
I received an invitation with a link to an assessment but I can't click on the link. How do I access the assessment?
- Your Internet browser, email client or word processing application may have removed the hyperlink. Please copy and paste the link into your browser's address bar to access the assessment.
Is the assessment compatible with Windows 8/Internet Explorer 10?
- Yes. For best results, use the Desktop Mode of Internet Explorer 10 in lieu of the Metro Interface/Modern Mode of Internet Explorer 10 that's available as a tile on the start screen. Be sure to enable Compatibility View.
I'm being prompted to enter a username and password. I don't have one. What do I do now?
- You are at the administrative site instead of the candidate site. This can happen if you don't enter the "s" in https:// or if you have another mistake in the URL. Please confirm that you've entered the URL correctly.
I don't see the facility or position to which I'm trying to apply in the dropdown list. How do I apply?
- The organization may have already received the number of applications they wished to collect for a given facility and/or position and closed the process.
I selected the facility and position for the job to which I wish to apply on the recruitment page (...selectrakonline.com/recruitment/recruit.aspx) but when I enter my chosen ID I receive the message, "You are not eligible to apply." What do I do now?
- You may not meet the organization's reapply policy if you've previously submitted an application.
I entered my ID on the portal page (...selectrakonline.com/recruitment/portal/myjobs.aspx) and received the message, "Unable to locate data for ID." What do I do now?
- 1. Confirm that you've entered the correct ID with no extra spaces.
- 2. Contact the recruiter to confirm the ID that you should be using.
I was able to login to the portal but I am receiving a message that says, "Unable to locate a course for this position" or "You have no assessments to complete." What do I do now?
- This generally means you've already completed this step in the process. If there are other applications available in your application list, make sure you've selected the correct one. If you've tested for this position previously, your account may not yet be updated to allow you to test again.
I clicked the Launch Assessment button and a new window opened, but I'm receiving a message that states, "Cannot connect to LMS." What does this mean?
- The assessment is not connecting to the database. This is usually due to a slow Internet connection speed and/or poor quality (e.g., high network latency, wireless Internet connection, etc.). This can also occur if the URL is entered as http instead of https.
I clicked the Launch Assessment button and a new window opened, but I'm receiving a message that states, "Stop. Case 3a." or "Stop. Case 3b." What should I do?
- First, close the assessment window; your progress will be saved. Next, clear your Internet browser's cache (also called Temporary Internet Files). When finished close all browser windows. Then login and launch the assessment again.
I clicked the Launch Assessment button, but I'm receiving a message that states, "A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?" What should I do?
- Choose No. If you choose Yes the script will stop running and you will not be able to complete the assessment.
I entered the wrong answer on a question. Can I change it?
- No. Once you've submitted an answer or page of answers by clicking the next or continue button, you are unable to go back to change a previous answer. Do not use your browser's back button to attempt to navigate to a previous page.
What if I'm unable to complete the assessment in one sitting, can I take a break?
- Yes. If you are in a timed section you must close the assessment's Internet browser window to ensure that the timer doesn't continue to count down. When you are ready to resume, login using the URL initially provided. You will be taken to the page where you previously stopped and you will have the remaining time on the clock. You may also take a break during any of the instruction sequences since these are not timed. However, your session will timeout after 30 minutes of inactivity so it's still recommended that you close your assessment's browser window if you will be gone for an extended period of time.
I've completed the assessment. When will I receive my results?
- You will not receive a copy of your results. Your results have been received and submitted to the organization for which you've tested.
I took an assessment a week or two ago and have not heard from anyone. When will someone be in contact?
- We only provide the assessment results to the organization for which you've tested. We do not have any additional information about other steps in the evaluation process including contact information for the organization for which you've tested.